Software Developers Information
This page is intended as a reference for software developers. Included for download are the specifications, regulations, forms, and layouts for Electronic filing, Magnetic Media, and 2D Barcoding.
Links will be activated as forms become available
- 2013 MeF Business Schema Version 0.1 (zip file) - DRAFT 10/31/2013
- 2013 MeF 1040 Schema Version 0.3 (zip file) - DRAFT 11/27/2013
- 2013 PATS/ATS 1040 - DRAFT 09/26/2013
- 2013 Business ATS - DRAFT 10/31/2013
- 2008 E-File Handbook (1345)
- 2013 1040 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1040 - DRAFT 11/19/2013 RI-1040NR - DRAFT 09/30/2013
- 2013 1120 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1120C - DRAFT 11/04/2013 RI-1120S - DRAFT 10/31/2013
- 2013 1065 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1065 - DRAFT 11/21/2013
- Magnetic Media Specifications - W-2 & 1099 filings
- Forms Specification for OCR - This information should be used only for scan line specs and CAR line specs. You must refer to each individual form listed below for address, artwork and other pertinent updates.
- Effective 12/10/2012, you must submit 25 total vouchers when requesting scan line approval. If you are submitting quarterly estimated payment vouchers for the year, submit a total of 25, not 25 vouchers per quarter.
Vouchers submitted for scan line approval must be coupon sized when submitted. Do not submit full sheet of papers.
Please take note: Sending in full 8 1/2 x 11 sheets rather than coupon sized vouchers will delay the scan line approval and may result in the submissions being returned to the sender.
- Vouchers may be submitted at any time during the year for scan line approval ONLY (not form approval).
FINAL VERSIONS - Updated 11/05/2013
DRAFT VERSIONS - Updated 12/04/2013
Please note: Draft versions cannot be submitted for approval prior to being posted as final.
Voucher forms with a scanline may be submitted for scanline approval ONLY prior to being posted as final.
Voucher forms must still be submitted for form approval once posted as final.
RI-1040 Series - NEW FOR TAX YEAR 2013 - Each form of this series, with the exception of the voucher forms, will contain a 1D barcode.
- The 3 forms below will not have a 1D barcode yet. Continue to use the OCR specs above
- 2013 RI-4868 - Draft update 11/30/2013 - Change to line 2 of instructions.
- 2013 RI-1040V - Draft 10/04/2013
- 2014 RI-1040ES - Draft 11/22/2013
- 2013 RI-1040X-R -
- 2013 RI-1040X-NR -
RI-1041 Series - Updated 11/14/2013
RI-1040C Series - Updated 11/12/2013
RI-1096PT Series - Updated 11/12/2013
RI-1120 Series - Updated 11/15/2013
RI-1120POL Series - NEW FOR TAX YEAR 2013 - Each form of this series will contain a 1D barcode.
- 2013 RI-1120POL - Draft 10/04/2013
- RI-1120POL- EXT - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EXT
- 2013 RI-1120POL-ES - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EST
- 2013 RI-1120POL-V - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-V
Bank Deposits, Bank Excise, Insurance, Publice Service and Surplus Lines Series - NEW FOR TAX YEAR 2013 - Each form of this series will contain a 1D barcode.
- 2013 T-71 and Instructions - Draft 10/04/2013
- 2013 T-71A - Draft 10/04/2013
- 2013 T-71H - form discontinued - use Form T-71
- 2014 T-71SP - Draft 10/04/2013
- 2013 T-72 - Draft 10/04/2013
- 2013 T-74 - Draft 10/04/2013
- 2013 T-74 Instructions - Draft 11/30/2013
- 2013 T-86 - Draft 12/04/2013
- Addition of credit lines
- 2013 T-72EXT - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EXT
- 2013 T-74EXT - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EXT
- T-69ES-INS - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EST
- 2014 T-69ES-SLB - Draft 11/19/2013
- 2014 T-69ES-PS - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EST
- 2014 T-69ES-BE - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EST
- 2014 T-69ES-BD - form discontinued - use Form RI-BUS-EST
Business Entity Forms to be Used for Bank Deposits, Bank Excise, Public Service and Surplus Lines Filers - Updated 11/08/2013
- Form RI-BUS-EST - Draft 11/08/2013
- Form RI-BUS-EXT - Draft 11/08/2013
- Form RI-BUS-V - Draft 11/08/2013
- Schedule B-CR - Draft 11/08/2013 - This schedule will be required on Form T-71, Insurance; Form T-72, Public Service and Form T-74, Bank Excise if there is a credit amount taken on the applicable credit line on the form. For Form T-71, Schedule A, line 8a; for Form T-72, Schedule B, line 2; and for Form T-74, Schedule A, line 10. Forms T-71 and T-74 no longer have a credit schedule on the forms themselves. Instructions to follow.
Rhode Island Credit Forms - Updated 11/12/2013
Estate Tax Series
- 2014 Form RI-100A
- Form RI-100 - decedents prior to 1/1/2002
- Form RI-100 - decedents on or after 1/1/2002
- Form RI-4768
Miscellaneous Tax Forms - The following forms are being converted and will contain a 1D barcode.
This list will be updated over time. - Updated 11/20/2013