Software Developers Information
This page is intended as a reference for software developers. Included for download are the specifications, regulations, forms, and layouts for Electronic filing, Magnetic Media, and 2D Barcoding.
*** Click here for a list of Rhode Island MeF limitations. -- Updated 04/07/2014
Links will be activated as forms become available
- 2013 MeF Business Schema Version 1.0 (zip file) - FINAL 01/07/2014
- 2013 MeF 1040 Schema Version 0.3 (zip file) - FINAL 01/08/2014
- 2013 PATS/ATS 1040 - DRAFT 09/26/2013
- 2013 Business ATS - DRAFT 10/31/2013
- 2008 E-File Handbook (1345)
- 2013 1040 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1040 - DRAFT 11/19/2013 RI-1040NR - DRAFT 09/30/2013
- 2013 1120 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1120C - DRAFT 11/04/2013 RI-1120S - DRAFT 10/31/2013
- 2013 1065 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1065 - DRAFT 11/21/2013
- Magnetic Media Specifications - W-2 & 1099 filings
- Forms Specification for OCR - This information should be used only for scan line specs and CAR line specs. You must refer to each individual form listed below for address, artwork and other pertinent updates.
- You must submit 25 total vouchers when requesting scan line approval. If you are submitting quarterly estimated payment vouchers for the year, submit a total of 25, not 25 vouchers per quarter.
Vouchers submitted for scan line approval must be coupon sized when submitted. Do not submit full sheet of papers.
Please take note: Sending in full 8 1/2 x 11 sheets rather than coupon sized vouchers will delay the scan line approval and may result in the submissions being returned to the sender.
- Vouchers may be submitted at any time during the year for scan line approval ONLY (not form approval).
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES - Forms, with the exception of voucher forms, may be submitted as a PDF via email.
- Forms with a 2D barcode:
- Use the same test scenarios as the MeF tests.
- Forms with a 1D barcode:
- 1040 series - submit 1 blank form with vendor specific barcode
- Business forms - submit 1 blank form (no data, but with vendor specific barcode) and 1 filled form
- All other forms:
- See above guidelines under "Forms Specification for OCR"
FINAL VERSIONS - Updated 06/20/2014
- HCP-4 - Hospital Licensing Fee - Posted 06/20/2014
Sales and Excise - Real Estate
- CVYT-1 - Conveyance Tax - new rate effective July 1, 2014 - Posted 06/20/2014