Software Developers Information
This page is intended as a reference for software developers. Included for download are the specifications, regulations, forms, and layouts for Electronic filing, Magnetic Media, and 2D Barcoding.
Links will be activated as forms become available
- 2012 MeF Business Schema Version 1.0 (zip file) - DRAFT 01/10/2013
- 2012 MeF 1040 Schema Version 1.1 (zip file) - DRAFT 01/08/2013
- 2012 PATS/ATS 1040 - DRAFT 10/16/2012
- 2012 Business ATS - DRAFT 12/03/2012
- 2008 E-File Handbook (1345)
- 2012 1040 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1040 RI-1040NR - Posted 10/24/2012
- 2012 1120 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1120C RI-1120S - Posted 01/07/2013
- 2012 1065 2D Barcode Specifications RI-1065 - Posted 01/24/2013
- Magnetic Media Specifications - W-2 & 1099 filings
- Forms Specification for OCR - This information should be used only for scan line specs and CAR line specs. You must refer to each individual form listed below for address, artwork and other pertinent updates.
- Effective 12/10/2012, you must submit 25 total vouchers when requesting scan line approval. If you submitted vouchers prior to this date, you do not need to resubmit. If you are submitting quarterly estimated payment vouchers for the year, submit a total of 25, not 25 vouchers per quarter.
Vouchers submitted for scan line approval must be coupon sized when submitted. Do not submit full sheet of papers.
FINAL VERSIONS - Updated 02/07/2013
RI-1040 Series - Updated 12/19/2012
RI-1041 Series - Updated 12/07/2012
RI-1040C Series - Updated 12/21/2012
RI-1096PT Series - Updated 12/21/2012
RI-1120 Series - Updated 02/07/2013
Bank Deposits, Bank Excise, Insurance, Publice Service and Surplus Lines Series - Updated 01/04/2013
Rhode Island Credit Forms - Updated 01/24/2013
Sales Tax Annual Reconciliation Forms - Posted 12/14/2012
Estate Tax Series
- Posted 11/29/2012
DRAFT VERSIONS - Updated 02/07/2013
Please note: Draft versions cannot be submitted for approval prior to being posted as final.
Voucher forms with a scanline may be submitted for scanline approval ONLY prior to being posted as final.
Voucher forms must still be submitted for form approval once posted as final.
RI-1040 Series - Updated 12/12/2012
- 2012 RI-8453 - Discontinued for 2012